SAC’s Gallery hosts the “Nell Hardeman Memorial” Competition for members of the Society of Arts & Crafts. This is a judged show with monetary awards and ribbons.
The show is in Memory of Nell Hardeman, the founder of this competition.
- Entries must be brought to SAC’s Gallery on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 or Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019, from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm.
Reception and Awards Presentations
- Reception: Sunday, April, 7th, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Awards: 2:30 pm
- The exhibit will be on display at SAC’s Gallery through Thursday, April 25th, 2019.
- Entries need to be picked up at the Gallery on Friday, April 26th, between 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm.
- All Entrants must be Society of Arts & Crafts Members (if not, current $35 memberships may be purchased at turn-in).
- Entries must be brought to SAC’s Gallery on Tuesday, April 2nd, or Wednesday, April 3rd, from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm.
- Entries will be accepted in 5 Categories:
- Cat. 1: Opaque Painting (Oil, Acrylic, Gouache and 2-D Mixed Media appropriate for this category)
- Cat. 2: Works Traditionally on Paper (Watercolor, Drawing, Pastels, Original Prints, 2-D Mixed Media appropriate for this category)
- Cat. 3: Photography and Computer-Generated Works
- Cat. 4: Three-Dimensional Works (Sculpture – Stone, Metal, Wood, Clay, etc.)
- Cat. 5: Fine Crafts (Jewelry, Fiber Art, Sewing & Needlework, Pottery, Woodworking, Fine Crafts, etc.)
NOTE: Gallery/Judge’s discretion may be applied if category placement is in question.
- 2-D Entries must be framed or gallery wrapped (no giclées), and must have a wire for hanging (no saw tooth hangers).
- Items must not have been entered in a previous Members’ Shows, and must be works completed in 2017 or later. Artists must be at least 18 years old.
- Best in Show and 1st-3rd places in all categories will receive appropriate rosettes and monetary awards. Prize amounts will be based on the number of entries. Ribbons will be awarded for Honorable Mentions.
- Fees: SAC’s members only: $8 per entry ($35 memberships may be purchased at turn-in).
- Limit of 6 entries per artist, with a limit of 4 entries per category. The Society and its members are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- The Society of Arts and Crafts and the Juror reserve the right to reject artwork that is inappropriate to show at the Gallery. PLEASE NOTE: there is a 36″ size limitation, any dimension, including framing. A commission of 25% of sales will be taken.
- A special thanks to Becky Weeks and Lee Hardeman for their support this year and every year!
- For more information:
- SAC’s Gallery: (334) 265-9931
- DAY OF TAKE-IN CONTACTS: Kay (334) 313-2642 or Aimée (334) 567-3763
To view, download and print Entry Form, click here.