We Rely on Volunteers
The Society of Arts & Crafts and SAC’s Gallery has a long list of volunteer opportunities.
We rely on volunteers to do everything.
We have no paid employees. That means that there is never a shortage of tasks for our volunteers.
How Volunteers Can Help
Volunteers can help us accomplish the following:
- Committee chairs and members to plan shows
- Workers to set up, take down, and work at shows and receptions
- Help with classes and demonstrations at nursing homes, schools, and assisted living locations
- People to provide food and drinks for receptions and bottled water for the Gallery
- Volunteers to work in the Gallery on a predetermined schedule and substitutes to sit the gallery during high vacation times and when regular workers need a day off
- Paint walls, screens or signs
- Do graphic work for events
- Dust or vacuum, and hang artwork in the gallery
- Set up class rooms
- Help with mailings
- Photograph artwork
- Organize fundraising events
- Committee chairs and members for art scholarships
- Updating computer databases
- Coordinate with other businesses to hang artwork in their place of business
If you’re interested in volunteering with SAC’s, please contact us and let us know how you can help.