- This event has passed.
2017 Waterfront Show: Entry Deadline
September 13, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Please enter your artwork in our 38th Annual SAC’s Waterfront Show and Competition.
The show is in memory of Nell Hardemann, the founder of this competition. Learn more about Nell Hardeman.
- Works of art must have a “Water” or “Downtown Montgomery” theme.
- Entries must be brought to the Visitor Center on Wednesday, September 13th, between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Entries will be accepted in 4 Categories:
- Cat. 1: Opaque Painting (Oil, Acrylic, Gouache, 2-D Mixed Media that fits best with this category)
- Cat. 2: Works Traditionally on Paper (Watercolor, Drawing, Pastels, Original Prints, 2-D Mixed Media that fits best with this category)
- Cat. 3: Photography and Computer-Generated Works
- Cat. 4: Three-Dimensional Works and Textiles
- 2-D Entries must be framed or gallery-wrapped (no giclées), and must have wire for hanging (no saw tooth hangers).
- Items must not have been entered in previous Waterfront Shows, and must be works completed in 2015 or later.
- Best of Show, and 1st-3rd places in all categories, will receive appropriate rosettes and monetary awards. Prize amounts will be based on the number of entries. Ribbons will be awarded for Honorable Mentions.
- Purchase Awards: $500 and $300 Purchase Awards will be available. Purchase Award recipients will also receive a Ribbon of Merit.
- Entries need to be picked up at the Visitor Center on Thursday, October 5th, between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
- SAC’s Members: $8 per entry ($35 memberships may be purchased at turn-in).
- Non-Members: $12 per entry.
- Limit of 6 entries per artist, with a limit of 4 entries per category.
- The Society of Arts and Crafts and the Juror reserve the right to reject artwork that does not fit with the theme of the show or is not appropriate to show in the Visitor Center. There is not a size limitation on work. However, if we run out of space, the show will be juried to fit the space requirements. A commission of 25% of sales will be taken.
- Best of Show is in honor of Becky Weeks and Lee Hardeman, and in memory of their mother, Nell Hardeman, for whom this show is named.
- The Donnave Lindsey Memorial Merit Award for Watercolor is sponsored by Kathy and Fred Roush.
- Our Purchase Award Sponsors are: River Bank & Trust, Peyton’s Place Restaurant, Joyce Smith, Dwight Henderson, and PWBA Architects, Inc.
- Our Juror is Jim Gunter. Jim earned his B.S. Degree in art education from Auburn University in 1972 and his Master’s of Art Education from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1979. He has taught art for the past 45 years in both public and independent schools in Montgomery, Alabama. His pastel paintings are in the Cheaha Museum in Talladega, the Wiregrass Museum in Dothan, and the Ft. Walton Beach Museum. His work is in numerous public and private collections and he has won awards in many local, state and national competitions.
Download official entry form by clicking here.